And though I had slain a thousand foes less one,
The thousandth knife found my liver;
The thousandth enemy said to me,
'Now you shall die,
Now none shall know.'
And the fool, looking down, believed this,
Not seeing, above his shoulders, the naked stars,
Each one remembering.
--John M. Ford, The Final Reflection

The Asylum Director

My photo
"The only thing I was fit for was to be a writer, and this rested solely on my suspicion that I would never be fit for real work, and that writing didn't require any." - Russel Baker

Wednesday, October 07, 2009

A Public Apology - Short Version

To whom it may concern:

I, Harvey Lauren Ong, would like to offer my sincere apologies for things that have occurred. Words have been said that have been interpreted as threatening, and statements made that have been taken as defamatory towards both the company and Mr. William Tengco. This was not, and never was, the original intent and these were mistakes and miscalculations on my part.

I am now offering a heartfelt statement of contrition, in the hopes of finding an amicable means of settling the matter. My actions were mistaken and miscalculated, and should never have been undertaken. I realize now what I did was wrong, and harm has been caused both to individuals and to the company at large.

Again, I would like to offer my apologies and my assurance – for what it’s worth – that such statements and actions will not occur in the future, and that these mistakes will not be repeated. This is in regards to both the company in general, and Mr. William Tengco specifically.

In closing, there is little left to say but this: I am sorry.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what happened? the same as the last time?