And though I had slain a thousand foes less one,
The thousandth knife found my liver;
The thousandth enemy said to me,
'Now you shall die,
Now none shall know.'
And the fool, looking down, believed this,
Not seeing, above his shoulders, the naked stars,
Each one remembering.
--John M. Ford, The Final Reflection

The Asylum Director

My photo
"The only thing I was fit for was to be a writer, and this rested solely on my suspicion that I would never be fit for real work, and that writing didn't require any." - Russel Baker

Monday, July 18, 2005

Stupid PLDT...

There is nothing quite so frustrating as having no internet for over a week through no fault of your own. PLDT (the monolithic telephone service provider here in the Philippines) has so conveniently continued to ignore the fact that my home's phone line has been cut by the recent storms around these parts. Thus, I have been cut off from my dial-up internet connection. Stupid company. This is a temporary arrangement - a placeholder, if you will. I'll get the next gripe (on the shrinking Japanese animation industry) soon.

No comments: