And though I had slain a thousand foes less one,
The thousandth knife found my liver;
The thousandth enemy said to me,
'Now you shall die,
Now none shall know.'
And the fool, looking down, believed this,
Not seeing, above his shoulders, the naked stars,
Each one remembering.
--John M. Ford, The Final Reflection

The Asylum Director

My photo
"The only thing I was fit for was to be a writer, and this rested solely on my suspicion that I would never be fit for real work, and that writing didn't require any." - Russel Baker

Thursday, August 04, 2005

Dust In The Wind

Yes, I'm still quite alive, much to the chagrin of many.

Work has been time-consuming but still rather enjoyable, especially the company. I'm particularly attracted to one girl in particular but, as always, I'm not really thinking of rushing headlong into it. Get to know her first, be her friend. Still in training, still have to pay for a few things (at home) but overall, I'm inclined to think that I'm not in that bad a place now. However, my writing is suffering more than the Jews did under the Nazis.

Anyway, I've got a couple of ideas I'm throwing around in my twisted little mind.

Firstly, there's the concept of a Gothic/Fantasy hybrid in the form of Darkenholme. Several influences from the D&D: Ravenloft books, as well as some odds and ends here and there. It is meant to be a collection of short stories and vignettes, much like The Midnight Carnival, only I hope it'd have a darker theme to it, less pleasantry.

Second, I've got one inspired by Shakespeare's play Twelfth Night. However, it takes a more sinister twist for me since I intend to add a darker flavor to it, as well as carry through the idea of having the 2 female leads actually falling for one another over the course of the events of the story.

And of course, there's also my long-overdue gripe on how the Japanese animation industry is shrinking or how hard it is to get a decent job in the Philippines.

No comments: