And though I had slain a thousand foes less one,
The thousandth knife found my liver;
The thousandth enemy said to me,
'Now you shall die,
Now none shall know.'
And the fool, looking down, believed this,
Not seeing, above his shoulders, the naked stars,
Each one remembering.
--John M. Ford, The Final Reflection

The Asylum Director

My photo
"The only thing I was fit for was to be a writer, and this rested solely on my suspicion that I would never be fit for real work, and that writing didn't require any." - Russel Baker

Saturday, September 30, 2006

A Few Things

I seem to be having troubles of an unknown nature lately.

I can’t put my finger on it and I can’t really figure out why but I have a distinct feeling that something is very, very wrong. It feels like I’ve somehow gotten myself involved in something I shouldn’t have had. I don’t know why but something just doesn’t feel right at all. Ever had that feeling?

No, I’m not talking about that sinking feeling you get when something is about to go wrong. I’m talking about feeling as if something is wrong but you have no idea what’s wrong or why. From all indications, there isn’t anything wrong. I’ve got a job, I’m working on another project, H2GC2 is going slowly but well and I’ve got my games. I haven’t had it this good in a long, long time. So what the Hell could be wrong?

Beats me, I haven’t the foggiest.

And that’s what bothers me. Why don’t I know what’s wrong? I normally do and that helps me out a lot but now that I don’t, I feel a bit unsettled. I like knowing things. I like having some degree of control over how my head works. But if I don’t know what’s wrong with something, that makes me lose a bit of control. I hate it when that happens. This doesn’t happen to me very often but when it does, I tend to really let it get on my god-damned nerves. It disrupts how I think, how I create.

In any case, I don’t think I’ll be putting up anything new until I figure out what the Hell is wrong and why. I’ll still work and I’ll still write my current pet project but as for the blog, I think I’ll be silent for a while. Not that it matters. Nobody reads this anyway.

On another note, I know I’m damned late but I’ve only recently discovered the twisted wonders of CLAMP’s xxxHOLiC and the sweetly magnificent The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Both have given me a warped little idea…

No comments: