And though I had slain a thousand foes less one,
The thousandth knife found my liver;
The thousandth enemy said to me,
'Now you shall die,
Now none shall know.'
And the fool, looking down, believed this,
Not seeing, above his shoulders, the naked stars,
Each one remembering.
--John M. Ford, The Final Reflection

The Asylum Director

My photo
"The only thing I was fit for was to be a writer, and this rested solely on my suspicion that I would never be fit for real work, and that writing didn't require any." - Russel Baker

Friday, April 20, 2007

Happy, Happy People...

The Internet needs to be given technology to convey sarcasm more clearly.

You see, I have just been put into a wonderful little situation by my employers and previous employers.

First off, my last employer, Ambergris Solutions Inc, is attempting to shake me down for an amount of cash for a cellphone. The only problem is, I don't have the phone they claim I have. You see, all of us were promised a cellphone. I eventually got mine and signed all the documentation that said the phone was in my possession. No problem there. Until I resigned. You see, when I did, I found out that the serial number of the unit I had wasn't listed under my name. To make matters worse, they refused to change the records to reflect the actual situation. I eventually convinced them to just let me leave the blessed cellphone with them. They promised to fix it.

Now, about 9 months later, they're trying to take me for a fool and take it from me. I checked with them to clear this up and, according to their records, I never even got a damned phone. The worst part is that they still want me to pay for it.

Oh, the intelligence!

Now, let us move on to my current employer, shall we?

You see, with them I have a tax problem. Under Philippine law, every employee is entitled to a certain exemption to their income taxes. However, that exempted amount is valid for the entire tax year, regardless of how many employers you've been under for that tax year. Now, I had three employers in 2006. I had no problems with my 2005 records from ePLDT - Vocativ because Ambergris Solutions did their legally mandated task of fixing any problems for me. I even got my tax refund. However, when I get to *expletive deleted* Intelligraph Corporation, I ran into a snag. Apparently, the accounting and HR department here made the mistake of applying my tax exemption for each of my employers. So, let's say I don't have to pay $5,000 in taxes for 2006. Instead of just taking that $5,000 out, they took out $15,000 because I had three employers for that year. Now, they were aware that this was a mistake before the April 15th deadline to fix the problems, but saw fit not to inform me.

Now, they're asking me to pay for it. The bastards. Thankfully, I know I'm not legally bound to pay it and that if anything, that amount should come from my employer's pockets.

Idiots, one and all.

The only thing keeping me sane right now is the book I'm working on, which currently has the tentative title Cecilia & Mint.

2 comments:

Cough Syrup Junkie said...

wow..ang gulo..instant tax evader ka tuloy..hehe

Cough Syrup Junkie said...

hehe..ang gulo..instant tax evader ka tuloy..