And though I had slain a thousand foes less one,
The thousandth knife found my liver;
The thousandth enemy said to me,
'Now you shall die,
Now none shall know.'
And the fool, looking down, believed this,
Not seeing, above his shoulders, the naked stars,
Each one remembering.
--John M. Ford, The Final Reflection

The Asylum Director

My photo
"The only thing I was fit for was to be a writer, and this rested solely on my suspicion that I would never be fit for real work, and that writing didn't require any." - Russel Baker

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The Other Side Of A Pillow

You probably know how it feels. When you rest your head on a pillow all through the night, and when you turn it over and lay your head on it again, it feels...cool, somehow. More comforting. More soothing. Even though it is the same pillow. It's an odd feeling, and one that is so very fleeting. Yet, for what it's worth, it is probably as close to pure, untouched, divine calm as anyone can possibly get while still alive. The sensation is like a string of beautiful music: easy to remember, but impossible to catch. Of course, there are times when that feeling happens to you in life. When that same comfort, that same sense of security, rightness, and calm manifests because of something said or an event - even a minor one. The sensation is positively...intoxicating.

While the story will not be told, the twisted, creative side of me just had one.

And it is a good feeling.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

harvs, sama ka ba sa birthday ni leslie sa conspi sa 23?

me said...

this is...


...so not you (?)