And though I had slain a thousand foes less one,
The thousandth knife found my liver;
The thousandth enemy said to me,
'Now you shall die,
Now none shall know.'
And the fool, looking down, believed this,
Not seeing, above his shoulders, the naked stars,
Each one remembering.
--John M. Ford, The Final Reflection

The Asylum Director

My photo
"The only thing I was fit for was to be a writer, and this rested solely on my suspicion that I would never be fit for real work, and that writing didn't require any." - Russel Baker

Friday, August 01, 2008

Product Of Boredom

First and foremost, I love the hybrid mechanic. It just makes things so much easier, and allows mono-color decks to access cards and abilities they wouldn't be able to otherwise. Which is probably why my mono-black weenie deck is populated by a number of hybrid black creatures, such as Demigod of Revenge (black/red), Wasp Lancer (black/blue), and even a couple of new creatures from Eventide.

I'm thinking of grabbing this little beauty:

Or this:


At the same time, I'm working on upgrading my old green token deck. It's already an efficient deck for producing tokens. My brother (and my friend, Alicia) are both capable of generating thousands (literally!) of elf tokens with the deck. However, I've always worried that if it couldn't get certain cards into play, it just lacked a big amount of hitting power. However, thanks to hybrid cards from the latest expansion, I can add that much-needed hitting power.

Thank you to the Doomgape and Creakwood Liege.

Oh, and on an unrelated note, I feel bad for my friend Alicia. She's found a woman that's basically the second love of her life, and now she only has two weeks left with her. Kind of sad, really. Still, she's happy she's found love, even for a short while.

1 comment:

lucas said...

been here...i never quite understand this stuff...my brother is the one who's so into this...come visit my site sometime..hehe