And though I had slain a thousand foes less one,
The thousandth knife found my liver;
The thousandth enemy said to me,
'Now you shall die,
Now none shall know.'
And the fool, looking down, believed this,
Not seeing, above his shoulders, the naked stars,
Each one remembering.
--John M. Ford, The Final Reflection

The Asylum Director

My photo
"The only thing I was fit for was to be a writer, and this rested solely on my suspicion that I would never be fit for real work, and that writing didn't require any." - Russel Baker

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Post Update

So, here I am, fresh back from that meeting I mentioned in my last post. What happened?

Short story? Some guy was pissed he got fired for stealing money from the customers.

Long story? It all began with a guy who had some middle or lower-management position that was using said position to, basically, get money from the company and the customers of the sales agents. Got fired because he was too stupid to get caught, the moron. So now he's trying to get back at the company for justly firing him. Turns out, he has connections with the cops - which explains the rather excessive raid.

The raid's story itself was rather interesting from how it was told to me. Cops with big guns kicking sliding doors down, holding people and questioning them about things completely unrelated to the apparent charges they said. They took everything, I'm told. Even personal items like someone's jacket, and one truly unlucky guy lost his personal laptop.

Now, work resumes tomorrow. Theoretically, we will attempt to continue as normal. Theoretically.

We'll see.

Note:
Oddly enough, I'm not angry about this at all. I actually don't really care. What I'm mildly annoyed about is that I wasted two vacation days when I wouldn't have needed to report for work anyway.

No comments: