And though I had slain a thousand foes less one,
The thousandth knife found my liver;
The thousandth enemy said to me,
'Now you shall die,
Now none shall know.'
And the fool, looking down, believed this,
Not seeing, above his shoulders, the naked stars,
Each one remembering.
--John M. Ford, The Final Reflection

The Asylum Director

My photo
"The only thing I was fit for was to be a writer, and this rested solely on my suspicion that I would never be fit for real work, and that writing didn't require any." - Russel Baker

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Dutiful Service


Pictured above is a Treo 650, which is also the model of my phone. I like naming my gadgets, and I've named my phone Violet.

I've had Violet with me since my first job, and she's been one of my favorite pieces of technology ever since. Word processing, phone functions, and a handy list of small notes that keeps me from conveniently forgetting most of the things I need to remember. This has become a staple of my life, and I'm as attached to it as I am to any of my friends - as disturbing as that may sound.

So I'm kind of sad to find that she's been damaged. There's a bit of a crack on the casing, and it's dangerously close to the screen. So I want to have it fixed now, before it gets to the screen itself and causes me all sorts of problems getting it fixed. If it even can be fixed by that point.

I'd be able to get Violet repaired now if I somehow managed to lose a wad of cash. I swear, that was in my wallet when I went to sleep.

Note to self: blog about the weird way things just disappear in the house at some point.

Oh, and something for you all to enjoy:

1 comment:

Cough Syrup Junkie said...

maybe someone took your cash while you're asleep..poor violet