And though I had slain a thousand foes less one,
The thousandth knife found my liver;
The thousandth enemy said to me,
'Now you shall die,
Now none shall know.'
And the fool, looking down, believed this,
Not seeing, above his shoulders, the naked stars,
Each one remembering.
--John M. Ford, The Final Reflection

The Asylum Director

My photo
"The only thing I was fit for was to be a writer, and this rested solely on my suspicion that I would never be fit for real work, and that writing didn't require any." - Russel Baker

Friday, April 10, 2009

A Thought.


This is the cross.

A thought occurred to me. Would the Christian messiah figure, Jesus Christ, really want to see the cross - you know, that thing that he got crucified and died on - all over the place in that supposed "Second Coming?"

I'm not religious, mind you, but it does bear some thought. Would you want to see the instrument of your death when you come back to life?

And that is about as close to actual devotion as you'll ever get out of me, as I think all religions are equal: they're all bullcrap.

No comments: