And though I had slain a thousand foes less one,
The thousandth knife found my liver;
The thousandth enemy said to me,
'Now you shall die,
Now none shall know.'
And the fool, looking down, believed this,
Not seeing, above his shoulders, the naked stars,
Each one remembering.
--John M. Ford, The Final Reflection

The Asylum Director

My photo
"The only thing I was fit for was to be a writer, and this rested solely on my suspicion that I would never be fit for real work, and that writing didn't require any." - Russel Baker

Thursday, December 14, 2006

December 14

Well, another year down the old drain, huh?

You know, I never seem to get the concept of enjoying my birthday. I don't like being reminded that I'm a year older and, supposedly, a year "wiser." I try to avoid people whom I know will greet me and whenever I can't, I try to nudge them in the direction of forgetting about the whole thing. Unless they remind me with slips of money. In which case, yes, I crack a smile but it fades as soon as they're gone, as even money doesn't do much for me on this day.

I don't know. Maybe I'm just being nuts or something?

Anyway, I'm in a bit of a creative slump, personally. My work is chugging along fine and with very little hassle but my personal projects? Good old XI has stalled and is likely to stall until the foreseeable future, though I managed to get far enough to alter the second part and make it Yuki's Inbox, if only to echo the concept of the first part while adding some new concepts to it. However, I haven't gotten around to getting to work on it.

I blame Buffy, The Vampire Slayer, which I am currently in season 6 of.

Soon, I'll be blaming Card Captor Sakura, which I recently bought the box set DVD of.

Bleh. I hate my birthday.

No comments: