And though I had slain a thousand foes less one,
The thousandth knife found my liver;
The thousandth enemy said to me,
'Now you shall die,
Now none shall know.'
And the fool, looking down, believed this,
Not seeing, above his shoulders, the naked stars,
Each one remembering.
--John M. Ford, The Final Reflection

The Asylum Director

My photo
"The only thing I was fit for was to be a writer, and this rested solely on my suspicion that I would never be fit for real work, and that writing didn't require any." - Russel Baker

Thursday, December 07, 2006

What's Black And White And Black And White...

Yes, I know I'm ripping off John Crichton from Farscape. No, I don't care.

You know, I actually miss Farscape. It was an excellent show and certainly more fun than a lot of the other science fiction offerings I've seen on TV and on the big screen. Star Wars is a constant favorite, mainly because...well, because it's bloody Star Wars. I lost interest in Star Trek after The Next Generation, though I watched a few episodes of Voyager and Deep Space Nine here and there. They ought to set a series in the Star Trek Mirror Universe, preferably before the Terran Empire was taken down by the Klingon-Cardassian alliance. Hell, I even put up with Earth: Final Conflict and Andromeda simply because I was rather bored. But Farscape? That show was special. That show was intense. That show was sci-fi gold.

I miss Scorpius.

I finally got a new MP3 player, a Creative Zen Nano Plus. The size is a bit big for my current anime MP3 collection but with my plans to expand it, I don't think I'll have any trouble filling it up in time. I just need to save up for the Fate/Stay Night OST, maybe a Card Captor Sakura or Rurouni Kenshin OST thrown into the mix, find my missing Shin Seiki Evangelion OST, and download a few random tracks from various anime I've seen but don't have enough interest in to actually buy the OSTS of.

I'm still working at the same place I've been working for the past few posts. Nothing much has changed, except me becoming rather adept at "topic scavenging." I'll explain that sometime in the future.

I've always been a Spike/Willow fan, mainly because I think Buffy/Spike is out of character and Willow's been of great comfort to Spike twice in the series, not to mention she's the only one that's ever really shown him any level of compassion and understanding (or attempts at it) besides Joyce. For his part, Spike, I think, doesn't mind having Willow around. The fact that the option of turning her into a vampire even crossed his mind shows me that (aside from the obvious fact that it'll irk Buffy) he has some degree of interest in Willow. If I was still writing fanfics, I could likely conjure up a convincing fic where the two of them got together post-Angel season 5, likely with Illyria interference, as the Old One seems rather attached to Spike for practical reasons.

I just bought the DVD box set of Robotech, though it only covers the First Robotech War, which is what I'm actually interested in. I'm thinking of digging up DVD box sets for Angel, Fate/Stay Night, Galaxy Angel, Farscape, and That '70s Show.

I've put Tohya on hold for a while, let the idea simmer and mature a bit in my mind. As for my other porject, the current name is Project: Bloodlines and, so far, it still is a solid vampire story. I plan to pay homage to a few things , like Joss Whedon's Buffyverse (Buffy, The Vampire Slayer and Angel only, since I haven't read Fray yet) and White Wolf's Vampire: The Masquerade, through the characters and concepts. I just want to finish the details of the setting and stuff before I jump into writing it.

Yes, I do tend to ramble incoherently like Willow does.

Yes, I a aware that I do.

No, I'm not going to do anything about it.

No comments: