And though I had slain a thousand foes less one,
The thousandth knife found my liver;
The thousandth enemy said to me,
'Now you shall die,
Now none shall know.'
And the fool, looking down, believed this,
Not seeing, above his shoulders, the naked stars,
Each one remembering.
--John M. Ford, The Final Reflection

The Asylum Director

My photo
"The only thing I was fit for was to be a writer, and this rested solely on my suspicion that I would never be fit for real work, and that writing didn't require any." - Russel Baker

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Apparently, I've Been Tagged

Normally, I don't do this sort of thing, as I see it as just another form of spam. Still, there's very little else for me to do and, seeing as I have the time, why not?

Three things that scare me:
1. Being all alone in a crowd.
2. Success. For various reasons.
3. Religion.

Three people who make me laugh:
1. David Letterman.
2. Politicians.
3. Religious preachers.

Three things I love:
1. My gadgets and computers.
2. Some anime.
3. The late Saturnina Lucrecia "Mint" Gonzales.

Three things I hate:
1. Religion.
2. Failure.
3. Not being able to contradict myself.

Three things I don’t understand:
1. Women. Now, I know men aren't wired to understand women, but I'm just saying.
2. Why religion isn't seen as the mass brainwashing and social conditioning program that it is.
3. Why people analyze problems, think of possible solutions, and implement the one that makes the least sense.

Three things on my desk:
1. My laptop.
2. My untranslated copy of the Japanese visual novel/hentai game School Days.
3. My authentic Swiss army knife.

Three things I am doing right now:
1. Blogging.
2. Downloading videos from YouTube.
3. Listening to every Hikaru Utada song there is.

Three things I want to do before I die:
1. Publish a novel. Just one novel is all I ask, then you can shoot me.
2. To own a Russian T-34 and an F-14 Tomcat.
3. To visit Akihabara.

Three things I can do:
1. Lie through the skin of my teeth.
2. Figure out the behavior and tendencies of almost any software commercially available.
3. Reverse engineer Magic: The Gathering decks.

Three things I can’t do:
1. Cook. I seriously can't even boil water.
2. Teach. Anything.
3. Keep quiet when I smell incompetence.

Three things I think you should listen to:
1. The OST for "Once More, With Feeling" (Buffy The Vampire Slayer, season 6, episode 7)
2. The opening songs of Cheers and Friends. ("Where Everybody Knows Your Name" by Gary Portnoy and "I'll Be There For You" by The Rembrants, respectively)
3. Rage Against The Machine.

Three things you should never listen to:
1. Politicians.
2. Religious people.
3. Anything by Britney Spears.

Three things I would like to learn:
1. Write.
2. Reverse engineer software.
3. How to fake being a good employee.

Three favorite foods:
1. White chocolate.
2. Sashimi.
3. Strawberry ice cream.

Three shows I watched as a kid:
1. Beverly Hills 90210.
2. Saved By The Bell.
3. Striptease. The Demi Moore movie, obviously.

Three people I am tagging:
Sadly, I don't know that many people. Well, not people with blogs, anyway.

No comments: