And though I had slain a thousand foes less one,
The thousandth knife found my liver;
The thousandth enemy said to me,
'Now you shall die,
Now none shall know.'
And the fool, looking down, believed this,
Not seeing, above his shoulders, the naked stars,
Each one remembering.
--John M. Ford, The Final Reflection

The Asylum Director

My photo
"The only thing I was fit for was to be a writer, and this rested solely on my suspicion that I would never be fit for real work, and that writing didn't require any." - Russel Baker

Monday, October 22, 2007

Minor, Minor Change

First off, I decided to tweak the color scheme a little. It now sort of reminds me of an overly long MS Word document or something similar, which isn't too bad for me. As for my readers, considering the fact that nobody really bothers to read this stuff, I don't think I have to worry too much about that. Anyway, I think it is a good change.

I was tempted to do an entry based on the events from last Friday. However, by now, the whole thing is really old news and it would be rather pointless to speculate on it now. I mean, the timing and the location are both rather poorly planned out of it was a terrorist attack. I mean, if you're trying to actually terrorize people, you time it so that it is closer to Christmas time. That way, even the classy, high-class malls are packed with last-minute shoppers. Plus, if you're trying to maximize the effect, you go for one of the more tightly-packed malls, like SM North Edsa or SM MegaMall. More people, higher body count, more psychological and sociological impact. As it is, this can only either be an incredibly elaborate case of bad luck on the mall's part, or politically timed. Which do I think it is? Well, considering the fact that I don't keep up with local politics much, I honestly can't say.

On a random note, I actually walked right into the mall in question earlier this morning. I tried to get as close as I could to the blast area to observe things, get a feel for the place. If nothing else, I wanted to revel in the general chaos and whatever afterimages of death and destruction were present. The place was pretty empty when I walked through, but it was still early and not many people go there so soon after opening hours. I wanted to see what was left of the blast area, look at it for myself and smile. However, that didn't happen because they decided to (logically) block off the damaged areas. Probably waiting for the investigation to end before they start repairs, which could equal to a lot of lost revenue. Besides, I hear rescue efforts are still on-going, but they've moved the operations to recovering the dead, rather than search-and-rescue.

Oh well. I'm still playing through BGII, though I've installed a few mods to spice things up. I'm not sure if I should start playing through Classic Adventures yet. I'm thinking it best for me to wait, or at least not start with the total conversion until I finish my 3 current games.

1 comment:

Maggie said...

I work here in Arnaiz Ave. and take my ride home everyday at Park Square 2 Terminal. Friday's event was a close call. Too damn close for me. It literally scared the sh*t out of me!