And though I had slain a thousand foes less one,
The thousandth knife found my liver;
The thousandth enemy said to me,
'Now you shall die,
Now none shall know.'
And the fool, looking down, believed this,
Not seeing, above his shoulders, the naked stars,
Each one remembering.
--John M. Ford, The Final Reflection

The Asylum Director

My photo
"The only thing I was fit for was to be a writer, and this rested solely on my suspicion that I would never be fit for real work, and that writing didn't require any." - Russel Baker

Monday, January 14, 2008

Currently Watching:

Various anime with psychotic female characters.

Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni
Who's Insane: Pretty much the entirety of the females in the cast, though Ryuuga Rena and Sonozaki Shion are pretty prominent in their psychosis.
Intro:

There's So Many Psycho Moments That It Makes Me Want To Cry Tears Of Joy:


School Days
Who's Insane: Kotonoha Katsura, though whether or not Sekai Saionji snapped for a moment in episode 12 is arguable.
Intro:

The Psycho Moment Near The End:


Shuffle!
Who's Insane: Fuyou Kaede, who is arguably the one that's been mentally unstable the longest among the girls on this selection, yet the one that does the least damage.
Intro:

Psycho Moment:


In many ways, insanity truly is one of those traits I find most attractive. There's just something about it that clicks with me. I also find it comforting, in ways only I and the thousands of voices in my head can truly understand.

Seriously. The worlds needs much, much less tsundere and more yandere and yangire.

On a side note: No, I am not watching Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha.

No comments: