And though I had slain a thousand foes less one,
The thousandth knife found my liver;
The thousandth enemy said to me,
'Now you shall die,
Now none shall know.'
And the fool, looking down, believed this,
Not seeing, above his shoulders, the naked stars,
Each one remembering.
--John M. Ford, The Final Reflection

The Asylum Director

My photo
"The only thing I was fit for was to be a writer, and this rested solely on my suspicion that I would never be fit for real work, and that writing didn't require any." - Russel Baker

Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Methinks The Agents Doth Protest Too Much...

For a few days now, we've been sharing space with the night shift agents of a different division of the company I'm in. There are a few policies and rules that are standard between our divisions. No bringing in personal items into the work floor, no bringing in food, and other things. Yet, almost the day after we started using their computers during the day, our night-time superiors were bombarded with complaints from the agents about us being "dirty," "messy," "sloppy," and generally messing with their things.

I think the agents protest too much, especially considering we're largely NOT GUILTY.

The agents, however, are.

Exhibit A:

Wrappers for a local salted nuts snack. Found under an agent's desk the moment I got into the office, right after they left. With no time for anyone from my division (IT) to have eaten it and put it there. Therefore, logic dictates that the agent did it.

Want to see what was on the agent's desk? Let me show you Exhibit B:

Well, what was on his desk? Junk. Lots of it. There was a book in there, and it looked not so worn. Probably doesn't get read very often. There were papers there, and a couple of chocolate wafer things. No wonder it was infested with ants.

But enough about someone else's desk. Let's take a look at the stuff on the one that was on mine. Now, the agent who used the computer I used was pretty clean, and did not seem like the type to have food or personal items. In fact, all the agent had was a plastic envelope of what may or may not be work-related documents. And straws from a fast food join.

Yes, straws.


But of course, there's one agent that takes the cake. He sits at one of the ends of the row of cubile-like desks we use. His desk looks relatively clean and orderly, until you take a closer look.

You see, his desk, his keyboard, and his Avaya-like thing is infested with ants. Infested.


And this agent I have a name for folks, as he proudly displayed it near his ant-infested desk.


So please, call center agents, before you go calling the dayshift IT people messy, why not take a look in the mirror and fix yourself first, hmm?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice exhibit! hehe :p