And though I had slain a thousand foes less one,
The thousandth knife found my liver;
The thousandth enemy said to me,
'Now you shall die,
Now none shall know.'
And the fool, looking down, believed this,
Not seeing, above his shoulders, the naked stars,
Each one remembering.
--John M. Ford, The Final Reflection

The Asylum Director

My photo
"The only thing I was fit for was to be a writer, and this rested solely on my suspicion that I would never be fit for real work, and that writing didn't require any." - Russel Baker

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Quotes

"There was never a genius without a tincture of madness." - Aristotle

"For what do we live, but to make sport for our neighbors, and laugh at them in our turn?" - Jane Austen

"The only thing I was fit for was to be a writer, and this rested solely on my suspicion that I would never be fit for real work, and that writing didn't require any." - Russel Baker

"Live fast, die young and leave a good-looking corpse." - James Dean

"Pleasure's a sin, and sometimes sin's a pleasure." Lord Byron

"What is it that we should be fighting for? War makes that question very hard to answer." Lacus Clyne, Gundam Seed Destiny*

"The only difference between reality and fiction is fiction has to make sense." - Tom Clancy

"Immature poets imitate; mature poets steal." - T.S. Eliot

"The secret to writing is to write, not to think." - Sean Connery in Finding Forrester

"A good writer makes the mind imagine. A great author makes the mind believe." - from the movie A Letter From Death Row

"I'm not defined by my abilities alone!" - Kira Yamato, Gundam Seed Destiny

"Simple minds...simple pleasures..." - Fall-From-Grace, Plancescape: Torment

"If we could not laugh, we could not bear to cry. If we could not cry, we could not bare to live." - Japanese proverb

"Women are the reason I became a monk. And the reason I changed back." - Morte, Plancescape: Torment

"Perfection through suffering." - Vhailor, Planescape: Torment

"Death is merely the beginning." - from the game Akuji the Heartless

"Why flatter my enemy with imitation when I can satisfy myself with possession?" - Magic: The Gathering flavor text

"The fatal flaw in every plan is the assumption that you know more than your enemy." - Magic: The Gathering flavor text

"Grow food in dirt? Save time. Eat dirt." - Magic: The Gathering flavor text

"Forgiveness is always easier to earn than permission." - Legend of the Five Rings flavor text

"Watashi ga inakunattara, ippai kurushinde, kanashinde, watashi no omoide ni shibarate ite hoshiindesu."
Translation: I don't want you to forget about me... When I am gone, I want you to be in great pain and sadness being tied down by your memories with me. - Mint Blancmanche of Galaxy Angel, from the game Galaxy Angel: Moonlit Lovers

"Tears and insanity suit more a girl than anything else: they make her cuter and more desirable." - Kohaku, from Tsukihime (the game original, not the sucky anime version)

"A pure love should be eternal: killing the lovers at the peak of their love is the best way to insure it will last forever." - Kohaku, from Tsukihime

"Love is only interesting when it brings great unhappiness, unbelievable suffering, crucifying pain, unfathomable sorrow, endless despair and eternal damnation. When insanity and death become the only ways to escape from love, it means the love story has started to reach an interesting point." - not entirely sure where this is from but I believe it's from Kohaku of Tsukihime as well

_____________________

So, why, all of a sudden, do I put up quotes? No reason.

No comments: