And though I had slain a thousand foes less one,
The thousandth knife found my liver;
The thousandth enemy said to me,
'Now you shall die,
Now none shall know.'
And the fool, looking down, believed this,
Not seeing, above his shoulders, the naked stars,
Each one remembering.
--John M. Ford, The Final Reflection

The Asylum Director

My photo
"The only thing I was fit for was to be a writer, and this rested solely on my suspicion that I would never be fit for real work, and that writing didn't require any." - Russel Baker

Saturday, June 25, 2005

A Side Project

I honestly have no idea what's up with me lately. SNA2: Yuki on hold for now, an untitled project loosely inspired by a Love Hina fanfic I made, Babylon 5's Psi-Corp and the PS game Galerians. Anyway, lacking any decent updates or posts for this...

__________________________________

01: Synapse

Two nights ago, the strangest night of my life occurred. It was my birthday, so I decided to go bar-hopping to celebrate, maybe make a friend – because I don’t have any. We all had a couple of drinks. I had mostly sake, a couple of glasses of scotch too. I was probably a little tipsy on my way home. I was walking alone when two guys came up to me with their knives. I don’t remember much but I remember they tried to corner me in an alley, ripped up my coat. I give them my purse, my phone, my stuff. I think I heard them talk about raping me too. I was afraid but in me, I felt a burning hatred as well. They kept moving forward and I kept moving back until I found my back was to a wall. When one of them tried to grab me, I put my hands over my head and tried to protect myself. A few moments later, I felt a searing heat nearby and I saw a wall of fire separating me from them. And as if by instinct, I knew that I was the one that made it.

They ran, saying something about my being a monster, a freak. I wasn’t paying much attention. I suddenly had a migraine and it was starting to weaken me. Once they were gone, the fire began to fade and so did my senses. My eyes began to blur, I felt weak, confused. I tried to walk out of the alley even though I could barely see two feet in front of me. I felt strangely warm even though they’d ripped apart my coat and it was a particularly chilly night. I stumbled, tripped a couple of times on my way out and into the street. When I finally managed to get out, I was too dizzy, too disoriented to get very far. I only saw one person, a girl that worked as a bartender in my favorite bar. I’d always had a bit of a fondness for her since she always seemed to be wearing the same charming smile. I remember opening my mouth, trying to say something to her, maybe ask for help but I don’t know if I ever said anything. I fell forward, collapsing into her arms.

I wake up a day after, no headache but still feeling comfortably warm even though the weather outside was rather cold. I was in an unfamiliar room. White ceiling, walls covered in light blue wallpaper with posters of bikini models, race girls and assorted sexy women. The bed was comfortable enough and I realized my body was under a layer of exceptionally smooth silk. I got up and realized I wasn’t wearing my clothes but I was wearing a nice silk robe. The door was locked and I noticed a note addressed with my name on it placed on the bedside table. It didn’t say much, just that there were some clothes my size in the closet in the room and there were some drinks in the mini-bar. It was signed Saki, the girl that I saw that night that I was attacked. I decided to get dressed, fix myself up a little, have some water and then, I stepped outside. When I did, I saw a girl not older than eighteen was sitting beside the door, as if waiting for me to wake up.

“So, sleeping beauty’s awake. Hi, my name’s Leonia.” She said with a soft smile. “Welcome to Synapse.”

No comments: