And though I had slain a thousand foes less one,
The thousandth knife found my liver;
The thousandth enemy said to me,
'Now you shall die,
Now none shall know.'
And the fool, looking down, believed this,
Not seeing, above his shoulders, the naked stars,
Each one remembering.
--John M. Ford, The Final Reflection

The Asylum Director

My photo
"The only thing I was fit for was to be a writer, and this rested solely on my suspicion that I would never be fit for real work, and that writing didn't require any." - Russel Baker

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Another Post From Work

Well, here I am again. Posting from work. Not much to say, save the fact that I opened up a deviantART account. Those of you who know me know that I cannot draw a face to save my life and my sketching ability is...well...sketchy at best. That, and I don't have a scanner. Still, one of these days, maybe I'll sketch something worth putting up there. For now, I've managed to only upload 2 "deviations." First is Angel of Temptation, a piece I wrote back in college that still hasn't managed to die down. I'd considered expanding it into a full-blown novel but I can't decide what approach to take. Second piece up there is Celia Morgan, which was supposed to have been part of a collection of similarly themed fantasy stories that would have been the background for a fantasy setting I was working on. Needless to say, neither the collection nor the setting ever really got past the initial planning stages.

I'd complain about certain aspects of work but not now. I'll do that when I have more time to consolidate my constant whining into a more...cohesive narrative.

No comments: