And though I had slain a thousand foes less one,
The thousandth knife found my liver;
The thousandth enemy said to me,
'Now you shall die,
Now none shall know.'
And the fool, looking down, believed this,
Not seeing, above his shoulders, the naked stars,
Each one remembering.
--John M. Ford, The Final Reflection

The Asylum Director

My photo
"The only thing I was fit for was to be a writer, and this rested solely on my suspicion that I would never be fit for real work, and that writing didn't require any." - Russel Baker

Friday, October 27, 2006

Tick-Tock

I am really...

BORED.


I've managed to drain my brain for all the things I want pictures of and managed to drain deviantART of any pictures of said things that I like. I'm really picky when it comes to my collection, you see. I have lost any and all inclination to enjoy the topics I'm being thrown at work. Mainly because they're the same thing over and over again, just with mildly different keywords (example: "RV motor" home one day, "motor home RV" the next). Even when I'm occupying my mind by concocting scenes for my current fiction project, I still feel a touch of emptiness and boredom. About the only thing right now that gets my juices flowing is Douglas Adams' The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide, where I am currently in So Long, And Thanks For All The Fish. Possibly the ideas running through my head about my project are keeping me from snapping as well, though only minimally.

Actually, now that I think about it, a lot of things about one of the characters in that piece, Kotone, is a poorly designed tribute to Adams' most famous work. She always carries a towel and a copy of the first book around in her bag. She has used the word "floopy" at least twice in the text so far. She also keeps her small notebook of poetry locked away, comparing it to Vogon poetry. Finally, she has an emotional fixation on Trillian and Random (Frequent Flyer Dent, that is). Interpret that statement as you will. Very strange, that. No other book or series of books has ever had such a prominent presence in my work.

Anyway, I've decided to fill my head (and, consequently, this post) with random thoughts:

1. Namco really needs to bring Jun Kazama back. Asuka is nice and all but she doesn't feel the same.

2. I am hoping that Final Fantasy XIII will bring the series back to the glory days it had before Final Fantasy VII dropped the ball.

3. I miss Battle Arena Toshinden. Especially Ellis.

4. I hope J.K. Rowling dies before she completes her Harry Potter books.

5. There should be a Predator 3 movie.

6. I hate cars.

7. God hates me.

8. Mister Siniser. Best. Comic book. Villain. Ever.

No comments: