And though I had slain a thousand foes less one,
The thousandth knife found my liver;
The thousandth enemy said to me,
'Now you shall die,
Now none shall know.'
And the fool, looking down, believed this,
Not seeing, above his shoulders, the naked stars,
Each one remembering.
--John M. Ford, The Final Reflection

The Asylum Director

My photo
"The only thing I was fit for was to be a writer, and this rested solely on my suspicion that I would never be fit for real work, and that writing didn't require any." - Russel Baker

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Ten Things

Today, for the purpose of spamming my own blog, I will put up a list of ten. Okay, 2 lists.

First is "Ten Films I Want To See Before I Die." It goes as follows.

10. The Bridge On The River Kwai - the song is stuck in my head. It won't go away.

9. Breakfast At Tiffany's - I happen to like Audrey Hepburn.

8. Seven Samurai - I've already actually seen this, but you can't help but want to watch it again.

7. Apocalypse Now - "I love the smell of napalm in the morning." Enough said.

6. Roman Holiday - This one I have never seen, in part or entirely.

5. Gone With The Wind - I only managed to catch the first half as a kid. I've been trying to watch it complete ever since.

4. Citizen Kane - this is a grand, grand movie. Watch it.

3. Ran - so I can be a bit of a sucker for Kurosawa films.

2. Battle Royale - my favorite feel-good movie.

1. Casablanca - come now, you can't not want to watch this, can you?

Yeah, really pointless, huh? Mostly classic films, which is what I usually go for. Oh, and for those among you who are feeling generous, I have a couple of...MP3 files I'm looking for. 10 of the, actually. Don't expect any consistency. I'd appreciate a link to where I can grab them for free, you know.

If you'll excuse me...

No comments: