And though I had slain a thousand foes less one,
The thousandth knife found my liver;
The thousandth enemy said to me,
'Now you shall die,
Now none shall know.'
And the fool, looking down, believed this,
Not seeing, above his shoulders, the naked stars,
Each one remembering.
--John M. Ford, The Final Reflection

The Asylum Director

My photo
"The only thing I was fit for was to be a writer, and this rested solely on my suspicion that I would never be fit for real work, and that writing didn't require any." - Russel Baker

Monday, June 04, 2007

Decisions, Decisions

First off, if you pay attention to the places I link to, you'd realize that I've just deleted all my Photobucket subfolders, save for Avatars. Nobody really pays attention to the damn things anyway, so I figured I'd get rid of them. I'd make the appropriate edits to the linked images over the course of this blog, but I'm too lazy. With that done, let's get to the meat of things, shall we? Besides, it isn't like there was anything of extreme importance in those folders.

I know for a fact that Cecilia & Mint is way too damn long. The story is already pushing over 100 pages, and I'm only at Chapter 10. I know that the story is too damn slow-paced for some readers. Frankly, for the first time since I started writing fiction, I don't give a damn. This story means a lot more to me than anything else I've written, and is being written without any need for it to fit in with anyone's concept of a good story (except mine) in mind. In other words, while I want to know what other people think about it, it won't affect the flow of the tale on any appreciable level.

However, I am taking the whole "the story's too damn long" notion into consideration in my next planned project: Jigoku-hime. Not much to say about that project at the moment, just that it's not exactly something I ever thought I'd write.

To go off on a tangent here, I realize I only put up one list last entry, even though I said I'd put up two lists. Well, in a belated attempt to rectify that, as well as revisit an old concept from a post made by Kebinu in the TuxedoJack forums, I am listing down the 10 female characters I'd most love to pursue some sort of romantic relationship with. Sex not required.

You'll notice this list neither has pictures (I'll fix that at some point) and also has a drastically different roster from the list I put up in response to Kebinu's post.

10. Urashima Kanako (Love Hina)

9. Sari (Nocturnal Illusion)

8. Toudou Shimako (Maria-sama Ga Miteru)

7. Mint Blancmanche (Galaxy Angel)

6. Matou Sakura (Fate/Stay Night)

5. Maehara Shinobu (Love Hina)

4. Kohaku (Tsukihime)

3. Sakuya (Sister Princess)

2. Ogasawara Sachiko (Maria-sama Ga Miteru)

1. Chikage (Sister Princess)

As mentioned earlier, I might throw in a picture or two at a later date.

Anyway, for now, let me leave you with a nice feel-good image from Battle Royale:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: