And though I had slain a thousand foes less one,
The thousandth knife found my liver;
The thousandth enemy said to me,
'Now you shall die,
Now none shall know.'
And the fool, looking down, believed this,
Not seeing, above his shoulders, the naked stars,
Each one remembering.
--John M. Ford, The Final Reflection

The Asylum Director

My photo
"The only thing I was fit for was to be a writer, and this rested solely on my suspicion that I would never be fit for real work, and that writing didn't require any." - Russel Baker

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

The Best Laid Plans

Bored again. Nothing new.

Anyway, I'm predicting that I'll be having a lot of time to myself in the next two weeks. For a variety of reasons, not least of which would be some people very dear to me being far, far away from me for that period of time. So, what do I do in that time?

Well, aside from work, there's always Cecilia & Mint.

But I do think it is high time that I learned how to use Ren'Py, make my own game out of the damn thing. I tried once, but I never had much along the lines of artistic ability, or the talent needed to quickly understand long lines of programming code. Even so, I think it is about time I overcame those problems. At the very least, develop a kinetic novel or visual novel. I'm vaguely certain I can convert the story of Jigoku-hime into a visual novel. I might even try to have multiple endings.

As for work, eh, I get by. That's pretty much all I do there nowadays. I don't like the work, but you do what you have to.

Anyway, I mean to play a few more games while I'm at it.

On the current list is:

5. MegaMari
4. Shoujo Attack!
3. Perfect Cherry Blossom
2. Final Fantasy II
1. Maribato

No comments: