And though I had slain a thousand foes less one,
The thousandth knife found my liver;
The thousandth enemy said to me,
'Now you shall die,
Now none shall know.'
And the fool, looking down, believed this,
Not seeing, above his shoulders, the naked stars,
Each one remembering.
--John M. Ford, The Final Reflection

The Asylum Director

My photo
"The only thing I was fit for was to be a writer, and this rested solely on my suspicion that I would never be fit for real work, and that writing didn't require any." - Russel Baker

Monday, September 29, 2008

Everything In Life...

...is about location, location, location.

And right now, I really, really don't like my office's location. I've never liked having to go to work in locations too far from the MRT, and I especially don't like doing that in fucking Makati. I don't like the long walk, the excessive heat I have to endure on the way to work in the morning, and the unbearably slow and unreliable elevators in the building. Now, initially, I wanted to just sit back and see if I could make this ridiculously stupid new location work for me.

I'm almost at the end of my patience.

Granted, it isn't just the new location that's pissed me off. It's a lot of little things, not the least of which is the monotony I alluded to in my last entry. I've made myself stomach as much as I'm ever going to stomach. My natural laziness has made it hard for me to move from this moderately pleasant job, but I think it really is about time that I get the Hell out and find better openings.

Time to go hunting.

No comments: