And though I had slain a thousand foes less one,
The thousandth knife found my liver;
The thousandth enemy said to me,
'Now you shall die,
Now none shall know.'
And the fool, looking down, believed this,
Not seeing, above his shoulders, the naked stars,
Each one remembering.
--John M. Ford, The Final Reflection

The Asylum Director

My photo
"The only thing I was fit for was to be a writer, and this rested solely on my suspicion that I would never be fit for real work, and that writing didn't require any." - Russel Baker

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Tired, Angry, Frustrated

I hate Makati.

This is no secret. I have been mentioning how much I despise Makati for a long, long time now. The entire city is just one convoluted mess, filled with more buildings and towers than anyone can possibly care to imagine. All the roads and alleys and the streets just annoy me to no end. It doesn't help that the city is just so inconveniently far from where I am, to the point where I'm willing to turn down any job that puts me in that blasted, accursed city. And earlier today, I just added another small even that makes me loathe this blasted city even more than I already do.

You see, as you may or may not now, my office was supposed to have transferred to another building recently. Earlier this morning, according to the last bit of information given to me, I was supposed to report for work in the new building. Which, by the way, is TOO FUCKING FAR. And when I get there, I'm tired and eager to just sit down, relax for a few minutes, and maybe --- just maybe --- get to work. But as I get out of the elevator and look around, I realize something.

Nothing is ready.

I talk a bit and end up finding out that work is still at the old office because the move hasn't been completed yet. I would have been fine with this, had someone actually told me I wasn't supposed to go there yet. That pisses me off.

Honestly. How hard is to to send one text message over a long weekend to tell your employees that no, we haven't moved offices yet? God damn it. An hour and a half of walking down the drain. Hour and a half I could have spent on more productive things.

Bah. Enjoy the picture.

4 comments:

me said...

i hate hate HATE makati din. kaya i don't apply for any job that is based there.

me said...

tagged you harvz. see my blog for details. ^_^

Cough Syrup Junkie said...

i dont like makati as well.

Anonymous said...

i hope pumasok ka pa rin sa old office that day. kasi kung ako yun, umuwi na ako. hehe.