And though I had slain a thousand foes less one,
The thousandth knife found my liver;
The thousandth enemy said to me,
'Now you shall die,
Now none shall know.'
And the fool, looking down, believed this,
Not seeing, above his shoulders, the naked stars,
Each one remembering.
--John M. Ford, The Final Reflection

The Asylum Director

My photo
"The only thing I was fit for was to be a writer, and this rested solely on my suspicion that I would never be fit for real work, and that writing didn't require any." - Russel Baker

Monday, September 08, 2008

Look! A Meme!

Normally, I don't buy into memes (certain exceptions apply, but generally not here), but I've got nothing better to do anyway. So here we go.

(A) Four places I go over and over:


1. Office. - to quote Blink 182: "Work sucks. I know."
2. House. - this ought to be obvious
3. Those 4 malls in Makati that are connected to one another and the MRT station - because, you know, I pass through them every day on the way home
4. Neutral Grounds in Greenhills - Magic: the Gathering. 'Nuff said.



(B) Four people who email me regularly:

1. Jobstreet - a wise man once told me that you should never close all your doors, because opportunity doesn't break into houses
2. The In Nomine Mailing List - because I signed up for it because, you know, I play the game when I have the chance
3. N/A
4. N/A



(C) Four of my favorite places to eat:

1. Pizza Hut - for the pizza
2. Chef d'Angelo. - I like me my pasta
3. Burger King - the steakhouse burger
4. Home - do I have to explain this, or do people understand the value of a home-cooked meal?



(D) Four places I'd rather be:

1. Rome, Italy - the heart of what was once the most dominant empire the Western world has ever seen
2. Kyoto, Japan - because I have always been fascinated by Japanese history and Shinto, and Kyoto is the spiritual center of Japan
3. Paris, France - one place: Notre Dame de Paris
4. The British Museum in Cairo, Egypt - I dabble in Egyptology every once in a while



(E) Four people I think will respond:

1. Not a one. Anyone I know that would respond either already has, or is the one that sent me this in the first place
2. Okay, maybe Digital Buryong, a.k.a. Richard
3.
4.




(F) Four TV shows I could watch over and over:

1. MacGyver - I'm a child of the 80s, and I grew up watching this, so it be nostalgic, mates
2. Mythbusters - fun and educational at the same time, not to mention very interesting
3. Gakuen Utopia Manabi Straight - potentially the most heart-warming show I've seen in a long, long time, and one of the few anime I'd re-watch for fun, rather than to catch details in the animation
4. A toss-up between Farscape and Babylon 5 - perhaps the two best sci-fi series/franchises ever created, and both ended up canceled while garbage like Star Trek keeps chugging along

Hmm.

2 comments:

me said...

hehehe. i hope thinking about the answers to this meme made you lighten up. cheers, amigo. ^_^

digitalburyong said...

I had this already! Hehe.