And though I had slain a thousand foes less one,
The thousandth knife found my liver;
The thousandth enemy said to me,
'Now you shall die,
Now none shall know.'
And the fool, looking down, believed this,
Not seeing, above his shoulders, the naked stars,
Each one remembering.
--John M. Ford, The Final Reflection

The Asylum Director

My photo
"The only thing I was fit for was to be a writer, and this rested solely on my suspicion that I would never be fit for real work, and that writing didn't require any." - Russel Baker

Monday, January 15, 2007

A List

This is a list of things I've always said I'd do, one of these days, but never really got around to actually doing. Stupid me.

1. Find and apply for a job somewhere in Singapore or some European country. Actually being accepted can come later.
2. Learn and master Japanese, Italian, German, French, Latin, and Spanish. Not exactly in that order.
3. Learn to make custom NPCs and kits for Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn. Specifically, a Flame Master kit (based off Rekka no Honou), a "God" kit (based off of Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu), and maybe a few custom NPCs that don't use custom kits.
4. Finally get around to watching my Gakuen Alice DVDs.
5. Read the translated Haruhi Suzumiya novels.
6. Get back to writing...something. Anything.
7. Re-watch Azumanga Daioh, Galaxy Angel, Carcaptor Sakura, Robotech, and Ah! My Goddess all over again.
8. Burn all Harry Potter books within a 100-mile radius of my house.
9. Play Final Fantasy VI all over again.
10. Change the playlist of my MP3 player from my extensive anime MP3 collection to something that isn't so specialized.
11. Mock "God" in the middle of a religious function.
12. Tell the local Jehovah's Witness fools, "Yes, I've seen God. She really should stop molesting that poor girl. She looks cute in pigtails, though."
13. Become the God of Murder.
14. Buy more Hikaru Utada and Aya Hirano albums.
15. Find an Alice Cooper album. Any Alice Cooper album. Welcome To My Nightmare, if possible.
16. Create a god-like PC for Baldur's Gate II with 23 (because the benefits stop at 23 anyway) in all stats, 100% resistance to everything, a speed factor of 4, and whatever other hacks come into mind. Then start the game with no equipment whatsoever and stay that way until getting Imoen back in Spellhold. Name said PC Haruhi Suzumiya.
17. Buy Kafka on the Shore, by Haruki Murakami.
18. Get a girlfriend. (This is less likely to happen than #13, as far as I'm concerned.)
19. Find the answer to the question, "What can change the nature of a man?."
20. Create a chracter based off Kurei Mori, complete with incredible hand-to-hand fighting skills and fire-based innate abilities. Likely will use the aforementioned Flame Master kit once I put the damn thing together.

No comments: