And though I had slain a thousand foes less one,
The thousandth knife found my liver;
The thousandth enemy said to me,
'Now you shall die,
Now none shall know.'
And the fool, looking down, believed this,
Not seeing, above his shoulders, the naked stars,
Each one remembering.
--John M. Ford, The Final Reflection

The Asylum Director

My photo
"The only thing I was fit for was to be a writer, and this rested solely on my suspicion that I would never be fit for real work, and that writing didn't require any." - Russel Baker

Friday, January 05, 2007

I Know It's Late But...

In the intervening time since this post and the last one, very little has actually happened. I think I'm finally starting to burn out on the current project that I'm assigned to working on in the office. I can't say I'm surprised as, from what I gather, the four other writers before me have ended up burned out by the project as well. I just didn't expect to get drained dry of any ideas or inspiration for the project this soon. I'm fgoing to try and hold out a little longer, however, as I'm not sure if I'm truly burned out or just a litle dazed by the weight of the whole thing.

The lack of movement in my social life is still omnipresent, provided one assumes that I have an excuse of a social life. Frankly, as I predicted, I've lost contact (gradually) with everyone from my old office, Ambergris Solutions. I can't say I blame them. I didn't exactly go out of my way to be endearing. Rather, I think they were mostly glad to see me go. Or at least were mildly indifferent about my departure. The sad part is that the few people I've always considered to be closest to me among the lot I've also lost contact with. So, once again, I have no other recourse but to attempt to rebuild. Hopefully, given time, I can do that here, though things are a little slow-going in the new digs.

I've re-installed Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn, plus the expansion, Throne of Bhaal, again. I've decided to go for an installation that's a little minimized, in terms of mod content. Apart from some tweaks and fixes from the BaldurDash fix pack, Ease-Of-Use and Unfinished Business mods, the revised HLA tables and "SwashImoen" component of Refinements, I've decided to throw in little lese. In fact, aside from some resorations, there's hardly any new content, aside from the Flirt Packs (for the first time, I've installed one of those "romance any gender" patches) and Banter Packs, both of which are staples in my BGII runs. Of course, that's where the Saerileth and Allison NPC mods come in. Had the Lockheart NPC mod (the name is highly similar to my current CHARNAME, Lockhart, who's an elven thief with a thing for other pretty elven girls) been completed, she'd be included as well. I'm thinking of getting a few other NPC mods, though I'm not sure who to get. Preferably, ones that don't have personal quests that might interfere with Saerileth's personal quest. If the NPC is evil, however, I might consider the addition, as I only take evil NPCs if I intend to be evil as well. Of course, said NPC must have ToB content already. If you feel like something's missing, that'd be the Imoen Romance. I'll install that (along with a highly likely re-install of BGII) when the ToB portion is done and thoroughly bug-tested.

In between, I'm still chugging along with my personal projects, though I'm afraid that gaming has forced writing into a backseat position. I might be tempted to make an NPC mod for Baldur's Gate II, though one that's strictly for personal use. I highly doubt I'd ever make an NPC I created for public use, as such things tend to involve a lot of things I'd rather not deal with.

No comments: