And though I had slain a thousand foes less one,
The thousandth knife found my liver;
The thousandth enemy said to me,
'Now you shall die,
Now none shall know.'
And the fool, looking down, believed this,
Not seeing, above his shoulders, the naked stars,
Each one remembering.
--John M. Ford, The Final Reflection

The Asylum Director

My photo
"The only thing I was fit for was to be a writer, and this rested solely on my suspicion that I would never be fit for real work, and that writing didn't require any." - Russel Baker

Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Cherry Blossoms

Despite the prolonged hiatus from writing and the inevitable death of my creative ability due to the fact that my job sucks, I think its about time I got back into the grand old game. For far too long, I've let my focus on getting work quotas done get in the way of what writer is really supposed to be doing.

I have an outline ready, and I know I can flesh it out. Time to get back into the game, time to do some real writing, and not the garbage I have to "write" for work. I'm a writer, so I need to actually do some writing again, right? Besides, I kind of miss the tingling mental sensation of fleshing out a scene that previously only existed in my mind.

With any luck, "Cherry Blossoms" will just be the tip of the iceberg and I can use it as a stepping stone to writing more stories. I've abandoned the game long enough.

No comments: