And though I had slain a thousand foes less one,
The thousandth knife found my liver;
The thousandth enemy said to me,
'Now you shall die,
Now none shall know.'
And the fool, looking down, believed this,
Not seeing, above his shoulders, the naked stars,
Each one remembering.
--John M. Ford, The Final Reflection

The Asylum Director

My photo
"The only thing I was fit for was to be a writer, and this rested solely on my suspicion that I would never be fit for real work, and that writing didn't require any." - Russel Baker

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Weird And Pointless Trite

MarryOurDaughter.com

I find this site both entertaining and disturbing. Even if it is just a hoax. Here's a testimonial from the site itself:

"At first we were worried that Janine was too young to get married, but then her new husband bought her a house and a car and jewelry and the money we got let us buy a house for ourselves. Getting out of the trailer park at our age was the best thing that ever happened to us, and it’s all thanks to Marry Our Daughter!"

—Mr. Jack M.


How To Seduce Your Sister

This little self-help guide is designed to help you achieve the goals that you have chosen for yourself. In this particular edition, we will cover the steps needed to go from wanting to become your sister's lover to actually being your sister's lover.


I know. Weird. I...would rather not explain this.

No, I don't have any sisters.

That I'm aware of.

I firmly believe that religion is the world's biggest, most blatantly milked cashcow.


Ain't that the truth?

"Tragic, deceptive, insane, innocent-looking, manipulative, immoral, lonely... it's what makes a girl fascinating and desirable. So lonely and hurt in her heart you absolutely want to comfort her, so insane and immoral you absolutely fear to become close to her, so deceptive and manipulative you wonder if you're acting out of your free will.
This is what I call 'fascination'. This is what describes my ideal girl."


No, I did not write this. But it does sound oddly similar to how I view love and romance.

"Watashi ga inakunattara, ippai kurushinde, kanashinde, watashi no omoide ni shibarate ite hoshiindesu."
Translation: I don't want you to forget about me... When I am gone, I want you to be in great pain and sadness being tied down by your memories with me.


These, my friends, are words only true love can inspire in someone. Again, I did not come up with that.

A summary of episode 11 of School Days, "Everyone's Makoto."

Sekai reveals to Makoto that she is pregnant. Makoto sleeps with multiple girls. However, they start to turn away from him when the rumors of her pregnancy spread. Makoto realizes the damage he's done to Kotonoha and apologizes. She returns to normal.


The fact that this could be used as a set-up for a good, happy, sappy ending makes me sick to my stomach. After all that investment in the slow, depraved psychosis that Kotonoha goes through, and they spring this on people? Sick and wrong, that's what this is.

I want by "Conclusion of Blood," damn it!

No comments: