And though I had slain a thousand foes less one,
The thousandth knife found my liver;
The thousandth enemy said to me,
'Now you shall die,
Now none shall know.'
And the fool, looking down, believed this,
Not seeing, above his shoulders, the naked stars,
Each one remembering.
--John M. Ford, The Final Reflection

The Asylum Director

My photo
"The only thing I was fit for was to be a writer, and this rested solely on my suspicion that I would never be fit for real work, and that writing didn't require any." - Russel Baker

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Another Word From Our Sponsor

Time - 07:21, Manila time
Temporary placeholder for later post:
Pic of Nina Minami
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Actual post should come a little later...

Time - 07:48, Manila Time

Okay, isn't the above picture just tempting? Very attractive, isn't she? Well, Nina Minami has managed to successfully re-awaken my dormant Japanese Idol fetish, which never really went away. It just slept for a while after I'd scoured every resource I could to find pics of Rena Tanaka. Nina-chan is relatively unknown, likely not all that popular in Japan either. However, she's one of the most attractive women I've ever seen and definitely worth the trouble searching for info and media of her on the Internet. When I saw first saw a pic of her (not the one above, something a little less revealing), I knew I had to base the appearance of the Kaijin race (for my currently in planning stages original fiction project) on her and name the lead character after her.

Anyway, moving along...

Very much thanks to a sudden infusion of sexy and cute Idol pics, I've got my creative spark back. I'm only averaging about half a "chapter" (I use the term quite loosely) a day, but that's better than a paragraph a day. I think I might finish my Tuxedo Jack contest entry in time, with a little luck. I think I rushed the events of the next chapter a bit, though that does open up an entirely new avenue for me to test out. I think the story can turn out beautifully with the WAFFy ending everyone wants. Or it could turn out the way I envision it to, which can lead to a potential next arc in Kanako Tohya's mad, mad story but is definitely as depraved and as warped as the revised end of Yuki's Diary.

Aside from that, my aforementioned untitled fiction project is going along nicely. I've come to dislike the fantasy fiction genre over the years, mainly because everything seems to stem from Tolkien. Every author after him has ripped off his interpretations of elves, dwarves, and even ripped off the halflings, his original creations. I'm sick of it. Dungeons and Dragons come very, very close to being original, if only because you can custom-craft the setting to your tastes, even if the races are still Tolkien-rips. Still, I can't fault Dungeons and Dragons too much, especially since they developed the Ravenloft campaign setting, the most original treatment of fantasy I've seen in years. My project is likely as much fantasy as it is supernatural, though the way things are set up, it is very different from Tolkien fantasy.

Gaming-wise, I'm still in Final Fantasy VI. I just lost Terra as she flew out screaming in Esper form, so I've decided to take my time and try to level up my characters first. I'm thinking level 20 before they actually begin a formal search for Terra would be appropriate. As of now, I'm planning on building up my final team: Celes, Terra (absent), Cyan, and Sabin. I'll level up the others as well, but I don't think I'll be focusing on them. Thinking of replacing Cyan with Shadow later on, or maybe Edgar. Locke doesn't fit my overall plan, though I'm sure he'll come in handy in a few battles. Whichever seems the more appropriate choice. Certainly, there's an intense level of thinking involved in Final Fantasy VI since it does matter who you bring along to a fight.

My brother has finally reached Disc 3 of Final Fantasy VII. He's only level...51 or so, so I'm bugging him to get in a few fights and level up. Maybe take on the Weapons. Of course, part of me wants him to finish now, so I don't have to ever have to look at that stupid game again. Ever.

Anyway, back to work. May add more later on.

Oh, for those who are wondering. The reason why so little of my personal life makes it to this is because I don't really have much of a personal life. Not since I left Ambergris Solutions. I don't think I've ever fit in so well anywhere else, except among the voices of the characters I've created that play out in my head. Or on some parts of the Internet. So there.

No comments: