And though I had slain a thousand foes less one,
The thousandth knife found my liver;
The thousandth enemy said to me,
'Now you shall die,
Now none shall know.'
And the fool, looking down, believed this,
Not seeing, above his shoulders, the naked stars,
Each one remembering.
--John M. Ford, The Final Reflection

The Asylum Director

My photo
"The only thing I was fit for was to be a writer, and this rested solely on my suspicion that I would never be fit for real work, and that writing didn't require any." - Russel Baker

Monday, November 13, 2006

It Settles

Well, the malevolent storm in my head has finally settles down and I can think straight (more or less) again.

Not much to say, except that I've decided to re-tool XI for the contest over at Tuxedo Jack's place. I've also gotten to the third part of it, as well as edited Yuki's Diary to serve as a prequel (or something) to it. It'll all tie in eventually. I took XI and Akatsuki off of FictionPress and I don't intend to ever write anything for that site again.

Anyway, links to part 2 and 3 on deviantART, as well as the link to the thread the story's on:

Part 2

Part 3

Tuxedo Jack thread

In the thread, you'll even see a slight progress timeline of just how chaotic my concept of this piece actually is. It'll also likely serve as a more accessible archive for the whole thing, as it'll be divided into parts on my deviantART account, which makes for a rough reading experience.

Also, I've been playing Final Fantasy VI a lot lately, while my brother is intent on finishing Final Fantasy VII solely because of Yuffie Kisaragi. Interestingly, the only reason I actually bothered to finish Final Fantasy VII even once was because of Yuffie. I thoroughly enjoyed Yuffie's presence in Kingdom Hearts 2 and I think she and Leon (*cough*Squall*cough*) make an excellent couple. She's certainly better for him than, say, Rinoa or Quistis. Come to think of it, Yuffie would make a great match for Cloud. Or Terra from Final Fantasy VI. Speaking of which, more FFVI characters should appear in Kingdom Hearts, for as long as they don't ruin them.

That's all for now. Back to work, playing Final Fantasy VI, and writing XI.

No comments: