And though I had slain a thousand foes less one,
The thousandth knife found my liver;
The thousandth enemy said to me,
'Now you shall die,
Now none shall know.'
And the fool, looking down, believed this,
Not seeing, above his shoulders, the naked stars,
Each one remembering.
--John M. Ford, The Final Reflection

The Asylum Director

My photo
"The only thing I was fit for was to be a writer, and this rested solely on my suspicion that I would never be fit for real work, and that writing didn't require any." - Russel Baker

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Bits

Well, I've decided to focus on Tohya for a while, though with a few changes. I've decided to drop the current section, XI, completely. I'm dropping it in favor of a re-write in the 3rd person. I'm re-tooling the timeline, the setting, and quite a few of the characters. I think I'll keep Kelly Kincaid and Isabel Zhang, as well as the prerequisite Kanako Tohya and "Yuki," though most of the cast will likely be altered. I might throw in Atma di Magdalena, who is supposed to appear in my other project, as a monkey wrench.

As for my other project, I'm not really building onto it much. A vampiric Romeo & Juliet is a nice thought and all, but I don't think I have it in me to do that as of yet. As for Atma, she was supposed to appear as one of the main characters of this project but her predatory lesbian tendencies make her an ideal source of conflict and confrontation to the more benign appearance of Kanako Tohya. Well, maybe Tohya's Atma will be a pre-vampire version of her. Maybe.

And...

Happy Birthday Mikki!

Congratulations on the baby, too!

No comments: