And though I had slain a thousand foes less one,
The thousandth knife found my liver;
The thousandth enemy said to me,
'Now you shall die,
Now none shall know.'
And the fool, looking down, believed this,
Not seeing, above his shoulders, the naked stars,
Each one remembering.
--John M. Ford, The Final Reflection

The Asylum Director

My photo
"The only thing I was fit for was to be a writer, and this rested solely on my suspicion that I would never be fit for real work, and that writing didn't require any." - Russel Baker

Monday, August 27, 2007

I Ought To Stop Thinking So Damn Much

As I sit here, eating pancakes in front of a PC I loathe and wishing I had my own PC at work, I found myself thinking.

Which is a bad thing for someone like me at a time like this.

Thinking too much just leads me to heaps and heaps of trouble, which inevitably only serves me from completing my self-appointed tasks and fiction projects. Seriously, thinking too much has served to impede my ability to write. It blocks the creative process in my head, which tends to make whatever I write while thinking tends to be...sub-par. Granted, I see enough quality in them to get want to finish them, but there's a reason for my increasingly large folder named "Unfinished Business," folks. I can barely even think about what to say here.

Another problem I've noticed is that thinking also leads me to speculate, which leads me to develop a deep sense of paranoia. If I start thinking for too long, I start to feel that there are bad things coming, and that I'm about to get screwed big time. There's never any concrete evidence of that, nor does anything happen (most of the time), but that doesn't really help alleviate my paranoia.

Bleh.

My mind is running dry of concrete thought at the moment, rendering me unable to produce even a half-decent post. This is alarming, though that may indicate that my mental state is more geared towards other things. That thought also alarms me, though for different reasons. Well, let's just leave things like this before I begin to rant about things I really ought not to talk about, shall we?

Anyway, here's something to tide you folks over:

I like the Blood Elves.

No comments: