And though I had slain a thousand foes less one,
The thousandth knife found my liver;
The thousandth enemy said to me,
'Now you shall die,
Now none shall know.'
And the fool, looking down, believed this,
Not seeing, above his shoulders, the naked stars,
Each one remembering.
--John M. Ford, The Final Reflection

The Asylum Director

My photo
"The only thing I was fit for was to be a writer, and this rested solely on my suspicion that I would never be fit for real work, and that writing didn't require any." - Russel Baker

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Wrath Of The Storm Lord

I don't know about the rest of the world, but for the Philippines, it is the season of Talos, the Storm Lord. Yes, most ordinary people will never understand the Forgotten Realms reference.

I'm unusual in that I don't like rain, but I love storms. I love the raging winds, the destruction, and the tempestuous chaos that a storm brings with it. I find difficulty dealing with a rainy season that doesn't have any sort of destruction and doom associated with it. It reminds me of the natural power of nature and just how insignificant people really are in the grand scheme of things.

Storms also remind me, oddly, of the Justine and Juliette, two novels written by the Marquis de Sade.

I'm actually rather fond of both of the leads of the novels, despite most fans preferring one sister over the other. I like Juliette for her willingness to use whatever means necessary to achieve what she wants, not to mention her rather "practical" outlook on a few things. On the other hand, I like Justine for her sheer willpower in adhering to her principles and beliefs, despite just how many times she's been exposed to things that should have proven her wrong.

If you're asking what any of this has to do with storms, I can't answer. I honestly don't know why I'm reminded of de Sade's work when there's a storm. Then again, de Sade isn't the only thing I'm reminded of when there's a storm, but that's for another day.

For now, cute girl time!


Maria Ozawa, I think.

1 comment:

snizz said...

maria ozawa is one sexy girl...